atCentral: Christopher Paolini & The Fork, the Witch & the Worm
February 28 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Author Christopher Paolini launches his latest book, THE FORK, THE WITCH & THE WORM (already #1 on the New York Times bestseller list!). Paolini will read from and discuss the book, take questions from the audience, and autograph books. Presented in partnership with BookPeople, which will have books available for purchase at the event.
ABOUT THE FORK, THE WITCH & THE WORM: Welcome back to the world of Alagaësia. It’s been a year since Eragon departed Alagaësia in search of the perfect home to train a new generation of Dragon Riders. Now he is struggling with an endless sea of tasks: constructing a vast dragonhold, wrangling with suppliers, guarding dragon eggs, and dealing with belligerent Urgals and haughty elves. Then a vision from the Eldunarí, unexpected visitors, and an exciting Urgal legend offer a much-needed distraction and a new perspective. … Relish the incomparable imagination of Christopher Paolini in this thrilling new collection of stories based in the world of the Inheritance Cycle. Includes four new pieces of original art by the author.
ABOUT CHRISTOPHER PAOLINI: Christopher Paolini was born in 1983 in Southern California. His abiding love of fantasy inspired him to write the Inheritance Cycle, which quickly became an internationally bestselling series. Christopher wrote the first draft of the introductory book in the series, Eragon, at age 15. Christopher draws inspiration for the world of Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, from the natural beauty that surrounds his home in Montana: the tumultuous weather, the roaring Yellowstone River, and the soaring Beartooth Mountains.
NOTES ON THE SIGNING LINE:
– The speaking portion of this event is free & open to the public.
– If you buy a copy of THE FORK, THE WITCH, AND THE WORM at BookPeople before the event or at the library on the day of the event, you will receive a signing line ticket, which will grant you priority access in the signing line after the program.
– Signing-line tickets are only available with the purchase of a copy of THE FORK, THE WITCH, AND THE WORM from BookPeople.
– All attendees will be granted access to the signing line.
– Attendees who bring books from home may join the line after ticket-holders.
– Books & tickets are now available to pre-order. Purchasing a book online automatically assigns you a ticket for the signing. There is no separate “ticket” item to add to your cart.
– Books ordered now will be available behind the registers at BookPeople or at the event.
– Tickets are lettered. The line for the signing will form according to ticket letter after the author speaks.
- The Library Foundation
- (512) 542-0076
- Central Library
710 W. Cesar Chavez
Austin, Texas 78701 + Google Map