POSITION TITLE: Development Operations and Events Coordinator
The Development Operations and Events Coordinator works directly with the Executive Director to coordinate, implement, and evaluate a multi-faceted fundraising program to support the Austin Public Library and advance the organization through individual gifts, events, a membership program, annual giving, and other campaigns.
The responsibilities of the Development Operations and Events Coordinator include but are not limited to:
· Planning, logistics, execution and follow-up for the Library Foundation’s annual fundraiser gala, STORIES: coordinating invitation design and mailings, manage sponsorship packages and benefits, donor contact and follow-up, liaison to printers and graphic designers, venue set-up and break-down, timeline, audio-visual, guest registration, deliveries, catering, vendors, and follow-up.
· Planning and execution of additional donor/fundraising events including APL After Dark, author receptions, and other membership and cultivation events.
· Monitor and process donations and member contributions and prepare donation acknowledgements.
· Maintain donor database (DonorPerfect) and its records; accurate data entry for memberships, appeals, mailings; data cleansing, software updates.
· Coordinate the creation of collateral materials used for development.
· Coordinate various other fundraising efforts including annual direct mail appeal, Amplify Austin and Library Giving Day
· Serve as staff liaison for the Board of Directors: coordinate meetings and communication.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field
· At least four years of non-profit experience in a development department
· Demonstrated knowledge of donor management
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated organizational skills and experience in managing events and other complex activities in support of development objectives.
· Advanced computing skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and donor database management.
· Available to work weekday evenings and weekends for programs and special events as needed.
· Annual salary of $55,000 a year commensurate with experience
· Health insurance
· 120 hours of PTO plus 8 paid days of paid holidays and the week between Christmas and New Years
· Professional Development Opportunities
· Flexible Remote/In-person schedule
The Library Foundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.